Sunday, December 11, 2011

Scrumptious Sunday

I want to give a shout out to a couple of local businesses that helped us throw an awesome party for the folks that work with my DH.  This was the table in the dining room as we were getting ready.  I forgot to take pictures when everything was on the table later, oh well.  One of the businesses that I got a bunch of appetizers from (and forgot to photograph before they disappeared!) is Healthy Habits Kitchen.  It's a kitchen assemble-your-own-meal kinda place, but they also assemble for you and you can pick up the stuff at various summer and winter farmers markets.  The best part is they buy their organic meat, fish, and as many other goodies as they can locally.  So I feel like I am eating better and helping local farmers & fishermen too!  Win-win!
The other local business I want to thank and encourage others to patronize is La Bella Dolce.  The owner/baker is AMAZING!!!  She made two HUGE platters of huge old fashioned cookies, whoopie pies, holiday biscotti, and Sicilian fig cookies.  One of the platters is on the cover of her homepage, so I'll spare you that pic. LOL!
Look at the size of that whoopie pie!!!!!  There were like 10 or 12 on the platter and they are so rich I can't finish one in one sitting.  Seriously rich and delicious!  Truth time- not all the pies made it to the table before the guest came.  Some were quality control tested.  Tough job but someone had to do it! ;)
Closeup of the holiday biscotti.  My pic doesn't do them justice.  Cranberry and pistachio crunchy biscotti perfect with the after dinner cup of coffee.  Ahhhhhhh!  I wish I had put a size reference in these pictures so you could see just how big everything on the platters was- and smell-o-vision or taste-o-vision.  Y-U-M!!

So what are some of your fav local foodie providers?  Any other small business favs?  I've done a TON of shopping on Etsy this year and when thing start arriving I will take pics and give shout outs.  It feels good to support the mom-n-pop shops- not that I have anything against big box, I just don't like the crowds at those places so much.

I've gone to party with the folks here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!