Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Catch-Up

Hey Gang!  Boy it has been a bit since I posted!  First Day (for students) got cancelled by Irene, so one "snow day" has been used already.  Not quite as much fun when school hasn't really begun!!
I am happy to report that all my friends and family in NJ, NY, NH, MA, and ME survived Irene safe and sound.  Lots of power outages and a little water in one basement- we'll take that when you consider what many folks (who live not far from my family in NH or NY) in Irene's path are going through as I write this over a week later.  This photo is from not too far from where my husband and I grew up.  My thoughts and prayers go out to them.  My undergrad is collecting supplies and I am hoping to get a package sent before the deadline. 
It wasn't just Irene and the start of school that kept me away from this ole blog this week!  Cad had some more water therapy and I finally remembered to take pictures. :)  See how thrilled he looks?  Yeah water isn't his favorite.
There is a mirror on the wall so his therapist can see if he is using his feet while she has him in the tank.  He's only motivated by treats or the possibility of me leaving!!!  That's my hand trying to tempt him with a treat.  Only trouble is when he gets close he stops using his front legs.  It's a work in progress for sure and we see are fortunate to improvement each day.
This is the other reason I haven't blogged much in the past week.  I had a birthday!!! These are the cards from family and friends.  My gram sent a package of goodies including homemade brownies.  Tom and Cad couldn't be left out.  She sent them their own little something in the package too.  :)

While we are on the subject of birthday celebrations- Top Tip Tuesday is celebrating our 1st birthday tomorrow!!!  Get that easel card ready for the competition and I'll see you tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!