Thursday, September 29, 2011

Trick or Eeek!

When I was a kid I was terrified of spiders.  I know, I know, not an uncommon childhood fear.  As I have grown up (I only commit to sorta having grown up!!!), I've noticed that I kinda like them now.  I said KINDA.  I'm not running out to buy one as a pet or anything, but gosh they are helpful in getting rid of the insects I can't stand- even kinda.
This kinda like thing I noticed in the last couple of years.  I have something like 6 or 7 spider stamps like the one I used on this card.  I have the prettiest spider pin I love to wear all year, but especially this time of year and I have a giant metal daddy long legs (Fluffy) that I use as a class mascot.
Maybe it is just a self preservation kinda thing.  What with working in a school and having a large portion of my students being 7 year-old boys, you can't show fear of creepy crawlies or you'll find them in places you don't want to see them. :)  Or maybe it is just a control thing and not wanting to be afraid of something SO much smaller than me.  A couple years back a friend who was a psych major said exposure therapy is the best way to overcome fears.  That year I decided to pet the tarantula that the "animal guy" who came to the school for a PTA special was showing the kids.  Honestly I after learning about the little fuzzy arachnid, I was more afraid of hurting her when I "pet" her than anything else. 

So anywho, thought I'd share this fun and simple card with y'all today and ask you what fear have you overcome?

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!