Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Last Wolfeboro Tablescape

Ahh, here it is.  The last tablescape from my vaca in Wolfeboro NH.  Hopefully you enjoyed this tablescape and this one too.
This is yet another gathering table they had for us at the cottage.  The whole place was decorated with such beautiful shabby-chicness!
Notice what I forgot on this tablescape?  Same as last week- the silverware!!!!  Oh well, the Amish purposefully put a mis-stitch in their quilts as a reminder that no one is perfect.  This tablescape is certainly not as awesome as a handmade quilt, but it was just as fun to create. :)
Would you believe all the beautiful flowers in these tablescapes are silk flowers?!?  They are so gorgeous!
The corgi has some serious concerns.  Today is the first day of Lent.  I didn't grow up giving up things for Lent.  About 10 or so years ago, when I was in grad school, a bunch of us decided to support a good friend and we all gave up something for Lent.  I gave up TV.  Wow, huge thing for me to give up.  I am addicted to TV.  I really went through MAJOR withdrawal and ended up having to allow myself to watch a 2 hour video of some sort each day.  Yup that bad.  I know I have a problem and can't quit whenever I want.  Really.  This year though I am revisiting this idea.  In the interest of my marriage, my pets, and my young students, I'm not going totally without TV.  I'm just not there yet.  Baby steps, baby steps.  The TV will be off from 6-8 each night.  Today is day 1.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Seriously.  I have something like 1000 movies and TV shows ranked on Netflix.  Who knows, maybe this will help me get more creations completed.  Help me prove to the corgi he has nothing to worry about and I won't be too horrid giving up TV. LOL!

Are you giving anything up for Lent (or for any reason)?  If so, what are you going to go without?  If it's for Lent, do you include Sundays or not? (I'm including Sundays, it's seems like more of a sacrifice that way).  Let me know.  It's always so interesting to hear from all of you!

I've pulled up a chair with this post here:
Between Naps on the Porch- Tablescape Thursday

5 comments:

  1. Good gosh Moriah - I must have a 1000 movies rated on Netflix too! And Netflix on instant viewing is like manna from heaven. In my defense I am generally doing something creative while watching TV. But I am always wondering how some people fill up all their time at home without reading or watching TV.

    I have had people at work tease me that I have seen far too many TV shows and movies. And I just scratch my head wondering what they do instead.

    I need to wean myself off the computer. I work on a computer all day and then come home and spend time on it again - not working! I need to go to the gym. Once the weather improves I'll go for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I'm a bit older than you so I give up a lot of things for all sorts of reasons! Ha! I'm never rigid about my rules though. You're on the right track with baby steps. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving up something for Lent was never a part of my Christian experience as a child. My husband grew up as an Episcopalian, and although we no longer attend the Episcopal church, he still observes Lent. I always give up liver. Bad, I know. My daughter gave up television for 40 days and nights one year, and she has never gone back to excessive viewing since. They don't even choose to have cable television. Blew me away. Thank you for sharing your journey. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white-and-blue combination of the dishes, and the splash of pink in the middle of the table is wonderful! I grew up Catholic so of course not only gave up something for Lent each year (usually ice cream - yikes!!) but also did not eat meat on Fridays. Sadly, it was all more of an obligation than anything meaningful, and I do not observe any longer. Good luck with your reduction in TV-viewing, I'm pulling for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I am visiting your blog party today.

    Your dog wins my vote. Cute.

    Graciously,
    monah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!