Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sympathy Card and Question

Sympathy cards are not much of a staple in my stash.  Often if I am making a sympathy card it's for a particular person.  This Hero Arts image is often a go-to for the sympathy cards I need to make because it is so large it helps fill the space without cluttering the cardfront.
CAS is my mantra when making this type of card.  I really struggled with adding the bakers twine even because I was worried that the fibers would change the vibe of the card.  It looked a little too plain without anything though. 

I've dropped this card off at these sites:
Stampin Royalty- Use your markers
Frosted Designs- No pattern paper
Allsorts Challenge- Inspired by nature


What are your tips for creating sympathy cards?  These are such meaningful cards.  Please, let's share those helpful hints here in blogland.


6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Moriah, no tips I'm afraid,I haven't made to many sympathy cards.

    Love your new photo. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card.
    I usually make as I need them. Then I am rushing and stressed. I keep meaning to make some to have on hand. But never get around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done such a beautiful job with this card, it is a little uplifting which people need at this time. When my mum passed away I was a teenager and all I remember was dull boring cards,( I know the words meant alot though) but you have taken the time to make yours and in such a beautiful way.

    Thank you for sharing

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! I agree, sympathy cards should be personal and not mass produced. I like how you filled the space without it looking too cutesy!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, I don't (thankfully) make too many, but I usually go for trees or flowers & not too many embelishments ~ I think your is perfect.
    Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what beautiful card! Love the colouring and the image, thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!