Monday, February 21, 2011

Fruited Chicken Curry and a Cause

Can you tell that I am on break this week?  I've actually cooked something!!! LOL!  This is fruited chicken curry.  I'd like to take credit for it, but really I got all the goods for it from Healthy Habits Kitchen.  Apricots, prunes, jasmine rice-mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Healthy Habits Kitchen is pretty awesome because they put all the ingredients together (organic and local when possible), give all the cooking directions, and I can pick everything up at the local (well 20 minutes away) winter farmers market.  I've used other versions of places like this (like the chain Dream Dinners) in the past and for us it's totally worth it.  We can try foods we might not have tried, like cherry burgers, or fish tacos with lime cilantro sauce (which is helping me with my resolutions) and I don't have to buy all those expensive spice jars.  DH and I haven't ever cooked curry so this was fun and much less intimidating. :)  We both gave the fruited chicken curry 2 thumbs way up!
On Presidents Day I thought I would send another shout out to link up to Operation Pay-It-Forward.  Show Bella and me your creations to send to Operation Write Home.  This is a great cause that can bring a ray of sunshine to soldiers stationed abroad.  Many members of our armed forces are very young men & women for whom this is their first time so far from home.  In the past OWH has even collected cards to share with Polish soldiers for Name Day (read the letter from the Polish General).  So join the inspiration fest! :)
Happy Presidents Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!