Sunday, February 6, 2011

Operation Write Home and a Bella Before and After Swap!

Hi Folks! Today I'm excited to introduce you to Bella, from Bella Before and After. We met trough Lamb Around when we were up for Best in Show. She and I have been emailing each other ever since! Today we are swapping blogs so all of you could get a chance to meet her. :)  So without further ado here is Bella!

Hey everyone, I'm so excited to be swapping blogs with Moriah today here at Fuzzy Slippers Designs.

I met this wonderful gal, when we were both nominated for Best in Show @ Lamb Around. We were in a head on competition to win, but in the end, she managed to get the winning votes, lol. I was happy I got to meet her, and a new friendship was formed. She is a talented card maker, and I really loved her cards. While exchanging emails, she talked about Operation Write Home, and naturally I thought, hey I want to help too. So here I am, talking about it to all of you.

My name is Bella, I am the creator of Bella Before and After. I blog about all kinds of things. I am the kind of person, who wants to try everything, and do it all. I enjoy learning new stuff all the time, and get bored easily, so you are sure to find something new if you come for a visit.

Today however I am here to talk about a special organization that Moriah introduced me too.

While I heard about it in passing before, and I think my kids have sent cards from school, I personally never did anything to help out this great cause. While my views on war, may be better left unspoken, the fact remains, that I have GREAT respect for the men and woman who are fighting over seas, and around the world. By doing something so simple, we can make a difference for these guys, who are far away from home, for longer than anyone should be. To bring a smile to their faces, and the the loved ones who they are sending the cards too. It's just such a wonderful concept, and I'm happy to give it a try.

I have zero experience in card making, or scrapbooking. Therefor I have no tools, and don't plan on buying any either, lol. I have colored paper, some glue, crayons, you know all kid stuff. BUT mark my words I will create some cards, just you watch and see, lol.

All kidding aside, if making cards just isn't your thing, you can always just buy a card or have your kids make one, and send it off, as a "Any Soldier" card. These are sent out with every box, and handed to the guys and gals, who need a little pick me up, perhaps they don't receive any mail, or not often. It's just a little not of gratitude for all that they do, and I'm sure it means a lot to them.

Tonight, my daughter was thrilled to make a THANK YOU card for a soldier.

Here is her little card. I love the way she did it. :)


You can see, it didn't take much, but as it brought a smile to my face, I'm sure it will do the same for someone else too. Kids are too precious, and so innocent. I love all her misspelled words too, it's just perfect!!!

I also tried to make a card, a few times, and I'm not showing you guys those,,,, pretty much didn't turn out, so I must give it another try, before I can show you, lol.

The bottom line we are trying to make here is this: if all of us, just send out one card, it adds up. These soldiers, need to know that they are not alone, and even if they don't have anybody, they have us, as a people, as a nation, all united, and standing behind them, and cheering them on, until they reach home safely. We owe them at least that much.

Join Moriah and me, as we make some more cards, and lets see how many our little blogging friends can contribute. I know you guys will all help, and we would love for you to spread the word to your friends. We have until the 28th of FEB for all spring related cards, including Easter, Spring, Mothers Day, and Fathers Day. Yes it's early for all that, BUT, they need plenty of time to sort, ship, and then our soldiers also need time to write, and ship those cards back to their loved ones.

We will be setting up a link party in the next week, for you guys to share your cards with us. So keep an eye out will ya?

Bella :)










Thanks Bella it was a blast having you over here today!!!  I can't wait for our linky party to begin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!