Saturday, November 21, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving Week!


Hiya Peeps!  Thought I'd pop by and share a couple Thanksgiving cards with y'all today.  I made a bunch of these last weekend, but before I could mail them out, I ended up selling them to a gal from a club I'm in- that meant I had to hustle to come up with some more to get mailed out this weekend.  Can you believe that Thanksgiving is this week already?!?!  Where does the time go????

I was inspired to create these cards from one that Melissa Phillips made for Rosh Hashanah.  I am so used to using this die cut to make Christmas tags and honestly hadn't thought of trying it for anything else! 

These are 4 of the original 8 I made.  There were more layers with this first set, but with the second set I already had gotten extra ideas so I only made 2 of this sorta style. 

Whenever I get stuck for an idea, I like to think like my artist friends.  They got sent to museums to copy a "Master" to develop their technique.  Luckily I have Pinterest to help me get the mojo flowing. ;-) I look through my different boards and then see how I might be able to riff off a card or idea I saved. 

Making all these Thanksgiving ornament cards got me on a roll. :)  Stay tuned this week to see some of the other cards that I made!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!