Saturday, March 31, 2012

box full of cherries


Oooo a cheery cherry gift set to show off to y'all today!  This was SO much fun to make.  I know I'll be making a few more soon. :)
The box itself (tut here) is made from Bazzill red cardstock and the dp paper is from the uber yummy Konnichiwa line from Basic Grey.  It was hard to think about cutting it up to use 'cause its just sooooo pretty!  Then I realized that having it sit in a box was a complete waste of its lusciousness, so I held my breath and started cutting.
There was still some paper left and the cards were yet to be created to go in the box...so I had to put on my big girl britches and use the rest on the cards.  This is a gift, so its worth it.  I mean when you can enough to send the very best... :)
This whole set is going to a teacher friend from another school who helped out with the set up of a new program.  Sparing y'all with all the boring deets, she saved use HOURS and HOURS of work.  This little set was the least I could do!
The cards that went in the box have to be fairly flat in order to fit them and the envies.  Do you have any idea how hard that is these days?!?!  No foam, no big bows, no nutin'.  Texture made up for some of the flatness and the cheery cherry factor helped me move past the flat flattiness. :)  Hope she likes this.  One of my teacher roommates is giving this box 'o cherries this weekend.  Can't wait to hear what she thinks!

I'm off to get a baked french toast casserole ready for dinner tonight.  We are hosting some of my DH's coworkers and our theme is "Breakfast for Dinner"- french toast, hash brown egg baskets, fruit cup with sherbet, and spiral ham.  They are engineers so this dinner concept may rock their world. LOL!

Any yummy plans in your weekend?


I've got my bowl, -er box, of cherries and wandered over here:
The Spotted Chick- That's Crafty Thursday Challenge
Sarah Hammer Designs- Link Up Tuesday
Joyful Stamper- Inspire Me Fridays
Sweet Stampin' Challenge- Spring or Easter (cherries blossom in spring)
Creative Belli- 3 Shapes (card, kraft tag, white scallop)

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could come for Breakfast/Dinner! Sounds awesome!!
    LOL at taking your first steps of not hoarding your DP! This is a beautiful set and I'm sure it will be appreciated! A fine use of this lovely paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sounds like an amazing dinner!
    Love al the cherries,, very cute set.
    No plans this weekend we are work traveling this month so hope to just relax at home as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card thank you for showing us at ~ Sweet Stampin~ this week, good luck. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little creation. Love the papers

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous little gift set....I know what you mean about cutting into new beautiful papers...lol.

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fantastic~cute, cute , cute~what a great gift idea!!! beautiful work!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute!! What a lovely gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful set! Aren't you glad you did cut into that great DSP? I love the three shapes you used! Thanks so much for joining us at the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous gift set!! :) These look fantastic hun! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great gift tag idea. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for 3 Different Shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a CUTE idea and just adorable! Love this! You'll be featured on the Paper Issues blog tomorrow at 12 noon est. time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!