Monday, May 30, 2011

Decoration Day

I thought I would take time to repost a couple creations from American holidays past...
I made this card last Memorial Day (deets here).
This one I made last July 4th-ish (deets here)
These are cards my students made last year to send to soldiers via Operation Write Home.  Which leads me to the reason for our long weekend here in America.  Not to be a downer, or stand on my soap box too much, but please remember to wear your red poppy and at 3 pm take a moment to says a quiet thanks for all who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this day.  It doesn't matter what your feeling about war/guns/fighting.  Those soldiers were someone's baby boy or baby girl once upon a time and dared to go in harms way because they believed in standing up for those who could not stand for themselves.  They deserve to be remembered for that courage.

Love and hugs to all of you this Monday!  Stay tuned to see what this years students are making to send to Operation Write Home.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful RWB projects! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!