Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm back!

I'm back and ready to post! Sorry I've been gone so long. I thought I would have more time to post while I was up in Maine (I know I'm such a silly girl), but I'm back home and have some fun stuff to share. :)
The Stamp Club I'm in had it's June meeting a couple weeks ago and this is what a bunch of folks brought to share.  Do you see my creation? :)
We were all assigned the challenge of bringing something with a summer theme.  Well if kids with sand pails on the beach doesn't say summer then I dunno.  The stamps for this are all from SU (I think).
I think the simple batik look of this card is amazing.  I'd never have the courage to make this card.  I just know I'd ruin the elegant effect but adding "stuff".  Wouldn't you love to get this thank you card?!?
It wouldn't be Stamp Club if there weren't some butterflies.  Is this the happiest card or what?!?  All the layers have this little guy really popping off the page.
This sunflower is soooo cheerful.  The background on this one was made by dry embossing blue cardstock and then using white ink to distress the raised edge.
More beautiful butterflies, this time in watercolor.  I'm thinking I have to give this batik effect a go.  It's wicked gorgeous.
This one was a fun tribute to "Christmas in July".  How cool is this!  So elegant and so quick.  The tree is a Martha sticker mounted on brown cardstock and put everything on an Amuse card base.
I think this card is fun, but the background must have been a bear.  The chickenwire isn't a big background stamp!  It's a little section that looks like part of a "c" and has to be stamped and matched up piece by piece to make the fencing.  WOW!

Hope you enjoyed all the creations!  I'm off to visit all your blogs and thank you all for your lovely comments. :)

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about that beautiful batik thank you card - - I am a "I think I can fit one more thing on here" kind of crafter! :)

    How fun to receive all of these fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so pretty....but I'm really loving that sunflower and that Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling so, so bad that I haven't been able to make it to Stamp Club! I have got to find a way to get there in time. All these cards are fantastic and now you have got me thinking of batik too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!