Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today is my 9th (married) Anniversary.  Tom and I have known each other since high school, but didn't start dating until college.  We got married on the 4th of July because I am awful at remembering dates (other than MY birthday) and we'd always considered July 4th our "couple" anniversary.
Tom had locked himself out of his car at a July 4th party and I drove him to his parents house to get his spare key.  We got to talking and he was (and still is) so sweet and LOVED reading!!!  (OMG we look 12 years old in these pics!)
We got to be good friends and the poor guy had to talk me into dating him.  I was so afraid that we'd end up breaking-up and then not be friends!  I finally agreed and it was the best decision I have ever made.  Hands down.  My husband is the perfect balance of calm to my whirling dervishness.
So here's to My Sweetheart.  You help me to be a better person (even when I don't wanna!), you support and encourage me, and you are my sanctuary of warmth and peace.  I know how blessed I am to have you as my partner and I hope that I am as good to you as you are to me.  Thanks for asking me and here's to many more moons together! :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great anniversary!
    I'm currently away for the month and just got internet service here. Just trying to catch up. Loved the birdhouse card - so cute. And Congratulations on being a new DT memeber! Way to go. Not sure how many projects (if any) i'll be able to get to here and post but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures have a gorgeous ephemeral feel and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!