Thursday, August 15, 2013

Do you see what I see?

WARNING! This picture of a creepy-crawly might not be for the squeamish.  I myslef can't keep for looking at it.  Think "deer in headlights" followed by lots of eewwwwwws and ahhhh-geeeeezzzeeee!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
'Cause I almost missed her! We came back from vacation and I went to do a little gardening (poor garden has been a we bit neglected lately). Nose buried in plants, I looked up and was far to close to Charlotte here. Trust me when I say she is larger than a silver dollar. It seems she eats like a horse too. I've seen her down rather large dragonflies in a couple hours. I'm really, really hoping she's not "eating for 200". She's useful (when she isn't eating my dragonflies), but I'm gonna freak if I see hatchlings when I'm letting the dog do his business.

She's a pretty harmless garden spider, unless you frighten her then she'll give you a nice welt I'm told, so I'll of course leave her be.  I messed her web by accident before I saw her and tried to get a video of her remaking her web.  It really was magical- and freaky.  Each time I got within 8 feet of her with my camera she froze.  That was kinda freaky to me.  I mean really.  8 FEET!!!!!  How the heck far can she see?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!