Friday, July 12, 2013

Mommy Advice Book

Back in May I made this Mommy Advice Book for a gal who was throwing her sister a baby shower.  She was looking for something that she could give each guest a page for a picture and a spot for advice for the new mom.

The color palette she wanted was so pretty, it made my job soooo easy!  The book was made using card bases and my Zutter.  Then I got to make all the pages happy with pattern papers and just a little embellishment.  I knew she would need space for the photos and that once they were in the book the pages could be too overwhelming if there were lots of embellishments.  Since I used cards they automatically created pockets that could hold tags.

Each pocket could easily hold 2 tags (1 for each guest on either side of the card) for adding words of wisdom.  I made them all different and thought then each guest could pick the one they wanted since everything coordinated with the book pages. 

She also ordered a banner kit to hang at the shower.  I got all the supplies together for her to make the banner to celebrate the arrival of her new niece.  I'm thrilled to say she loved everything.  I hope her sister did too and that the album gives her comfort in the hectic/wonderful/emotional years ahead! :)


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea and such a personal gift for the new Mommy! I love the pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!