Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Merry Trees


Merry-Christmas-in-July Everyone!  I thought I'd quickly share this card in the hopes of helping cool folks off.  It's been brutally hot and humid around here the last few days!  It's hard to believe that just a few months back we were buried in snow and thought we'd never be warm again. :)

I'm just coming off the prep work for my next 5x5 class.  The class is happening later this month, so of course it's going to be "Christmas in July!".  I've been kinda picking themes for the last few classes (can't help it, it's the elementary teacher in me) and the theme I picked this round is Festival of Trees.
The premise is that you make 5 each of 5 designs, so you walk out with 25 cards in 3 hours.  Since it is so many cards in such a short amount of time they have to be fairly simple.

This card is a a kind of reject for the class.  I really liked the look, but the snow-capping with the liquid pearls would really bog down folks, especially with the glittered lawn added too.  25 cards, in 3 hours, with sentiment, and umphing the envies means we gotta GO, GO, GO.  I liked the card though and I loved the look of just the tree having color 'cause it matches the trees in the DP (although looking at the card right now I realize I covered the green trees and only the aqua ones are showing! LOL!)

Have a great rest of your Tuesday!  BTW Cad is doing great and I will post an update later this week (with video if I can get it uploaded from my phone!!!)

Thanks for stopping by!  I'm off to make merry here:

Festive Friday- Tree Theme




7 comments:

  1. I really like this card! Love how you just colored in the tree on the stamped layer...really pops! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you showcased the one tree in your image to make it pop. And the liquid pearls is such a great touch! Thanks for sharing this one with us as well! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty - love the little tree and the 'snow covered' roof is so pretty! I wish snow was that pretty in real life! lol! Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card !! Love the color combination !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling card!!! love the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Your class sounds like fun! Wish I was close enough to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that Cad is on the mend again!

    I love this card with all of the pearly snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!