Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happy Father's Day (early)

This past weekend we celebrated a bunch of family days- belated Mother's Day, belated youngest nephew's birthday, early SIL birthday, and *drumroll* early Father's Day!  I thought I might share the card I made for my FIL with y'all today.  :)  (Phew- all caught up until July, I think!)
 
These are the goodies I got from Charlie at The Hen's Den and I knew right away they'd be perfect for Father's Day.  You might at first look and say, "But I see flowers and lace!".  There is so much more on this set!!!


I cut the card base so that it was 4 1/4" X 4 1/4", then cut the white & blue paper 4 1/8" X 4 1/8", and finally the golden mustard paper was cut 4" X 4".  The layers were simply stacked and adhered together using Score-tape.

The stickers were used cause they all describe my FIL.  He's a happy guy, who loves to tell stories, is willing to try anything, and we all know we are loved.  :)  I totally lifted Carolyn's confetti idea using the enamel dots.  Love how it all came together- and so quickly too!!!

Wanna make one too?  Grab these goods:
My Minds Eye- The Sweetest Thing- 6x6 Pad
My Minds Eye- The Sweetest Thing- Label Stickers
My Minds Eye- The Sweetest Thing- Tiny Word Stickers
My Minds Eye- Collectable- Unforgettable- Enamel Dots

2 comments:

  1. Great card and I love how you used all those great MME goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I have to say, your goodies would have pulled me toward a girly card... which makes your Father's day card even more special!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!