Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer and the official day to remember those we have lost in defense of our country. Since the weekend has been so rainy, I haven't been out gardening like usual.  Instead, I have been gardening in a whole new way!
 
The kit club I belong to at Ink About It came out with a new set of goods to play with this week.  The rainy weather has given me a good excuse to get craftin' and I have TONS of posts coming up to show you all he stuff I made (including another version of this daisy on Thursday) :)

Most of what I made was more aqua blue/ light green focused.  As I made my way through the papers I got to this luscious polka dot & I knew I had to make something red/white/blue for Memorial Day!  My default flower for this holiday is the daisy.   So of course I had to grab my jumbo gerber daisy stamp!  Full disclosure-- the base of the altered notepad is from the May 2012 kit.  I had covered two of them with the plaid and then never found just the right goods to top this one off, until now. :)

Hope you have a chance to thank a veteran today, make sure take a moment to remember those who have passed, and if you are lucky enough to get some warm weather/sunshine-- send it my way!!!

Deets on the daisies:
Paper & Chipboard- MME Katie & Co line
Stamps- Hero Arts (I think)
Copics- W2, T3
Buttons- PTI
Twine- Doodlebug

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!