Thursday, July 21, 2011

Asking for prayers

I'm not usually a sad news posting gal, but I need help.  We had to rush our corgi Cad to Tufts Emergency Hospital last night.  He had a ruptured cervical disc in his spine and lost all motor function in his legs.  Very early this morning he had to be put on a ventilator to help him breathe.  He has made it through the surgery and now we are waiting to see if he will be able to breathe on his own again.  If he can, he should be able to pull through all of this and regain the use of his legs.

Cad was my mom's dog for 6 years until her unexpected passing from a brain aneurysm and we have had the pleasure of his companionship for these past 6 years.  Needless to say, he means so much to us and we are a wreck.  I am begging for prayers, thoughts, good vibes, whatever you are comfortable sending our way.  I truly believe in the power of prayer/good vibes/positive thinking for others, any of these you could send our way will be so greatly appreciated.  I'll keep y'all posted on how Cad progresses...

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry to hear of Cad's plight,I do hope he pulls through this.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry and will keep him in my prayers tonight. Hope he does well.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Cad. I will definitely keep him in my prayers and yes, keep us posted. Big hugs!!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so saddened to read about the difficulties that Cad is going through right now, Moriah. I'm definitely keeping him in my thoughts and am sending lots of well wishes and long distance hugs his way!

    Chan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!