Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Heart Seafood!

Happy Flag Day in the USA and it's Top Tip Tuesday Time!  We have some great new TTT Team members that we are debuting today!  If you want to skip to fun TTT stuff scroll down to 'til you see the ***.  If you'd like to see what inspired my creation, start here. :)
At the end of April I was starting to get that summertime bug.  We are fortunate to have family up in Maine and a summer seasonal property that we rent out that opens up there in May.  Luckily for me, I came across the most lovely Etsy shoppe Three Sisters Harvest and she had just the ticket to get me ready!  My package came in such sweet wrapping, my icky picture doesn't do it justice- Gigi tied each package so beautifully with shells for bows!!!

Each one of the packages had a HUGE (perfect for the beach IMHO) canvas bag with a lobster, but each one has a different color shell.  I kept one and sent the others to my DMIL and DSIL for us to all use when we get together for our family reunion up in ME this August.  I, of course, started using mine for a school bag as soon as I got it. LOL!  The best part- I convo'd Gigi on Saturday, she came up with this design (based off this bag she had made), made all of them, and I had them in my hot little hands by the following Saturday.  She's AMAZING!!!
 **********************************************************************************
I used Gigi's bags as inspiration...
to create this card!
 Okay so it's a shrimp, not a full-fledged lobster, but how fun is this?!? :)
It's a Fred Mullet shrimp stamp that I "inked" with Twinkling H2O's.  It took a few tries before I had quite the consistency of H2O's that I was looking for, but this is such a fun technique to try!  The flourish stamp was meant to kinda mimic waves (I know, a bit of a stretch).  

So to celebrate our new DT members over at TTT we are hosting an Anything Goes Challenge!!!!!  You totally have to join in the fun!  You could win goodies from Robyns Fetish (they are offering our lucky winner 4 stamps of their choice) or from Stitchy Bear Stamps  (1 prize of a $10 voucher).  Come on over and show us whatcha got.  Pretty pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee! :)

Also, don't forget to join in the fun with my blog candy----Become a follower and leave a comment in order to win okay?!?!


10 comments:

  1. How awesome is this??? SOOO awesome!!! It's so CAS and yet not..I don't know...it just is all around a very cool card. :D
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. To inspire anyone is a wonderful feeling! Thank you for all the kind words. Love the shrimp card!
    Enjoy your time in Maine!
    Gigi
    Three Sister's Harvest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moriah - this is fun!! I never got any of the twinkling H2O's - but I have plenty of the radiant pearls - and they are always so fun to use. Thanks for the incredible inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute goodies!! and the card is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is amazing. Love the colours and the shrimp;) Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inventive and such a lot of fun too!
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cool! love this so different too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great summertime card Moriah! Love the shrimp and your choice of the blue and red H2Os is perfect! Fun seeing you last night. Meant to tell you how very jealous I am about you heading to Cinnci next month for Paper Trey. If it wasn't in July, I would love to go too. Maybe next year. Have a great time and can't wait to hear the details when you get back. ~lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shrimp/lobster card! These colors are great together.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!