Saturday, April 24, 2010

Girly Girl Saturday

Stamp, Scrap, & Doodle's Challenge this week is "Make Something Girly"!  Where to begin?!?  So many choices, so little time. :)

 I decided to go a little sideways and use this Lockhart stamp.  Spring is kinda springing and the lettuce ruffles seem to go with the trim at the bottom of the card.  I used the sketch from The Shabby Tea Room for the layout of this card.  Gotta say, I'm still on the fence about this trim.  It does look a little more fun IRL, but it's so bulky... I dunno.
The colors for this card were inspired by the sunshine we've been enjoying the last couple of days and the Color Dare color picks.  I really want a salad right now, but not so much the green olive. LOL!
Here's my marker shot.  The two yellows are Y11 and Y15 and the Spica green is 06 melon.  The papers are all BG except the base, which is Amuse.
Enter this challenge over at SSDS and you could win a set of stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps.  Please join us, we'd love to see what you create! :)

Seriously- What do you think of this new ruffle trim on cards?

7 comments:

  1. I {heart} the trim!!! Great take on our sketch challenge this week! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room and I hope youc an come back again on Monday to give our next challenge a try too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that trim, too. It's one of my favorite scrappy supplies right now. It is bulky, so it just needs to be balanced, I think. Your image is so cute on this card. Very unique. You did a great job with the coloring. thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a dress with lettuce leaves to it! You sure made everything go together wonderfully with your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this card. The colours are beautiful. I agree with you on the trim though. My honest thought is it is to bulky.
    But what do I know LOL, everyone else seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou so much for your lovely comments on my blog. This card is gorgeous, I love the colors and the image is fab. Very classy, Great creation
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!