Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This Happened!

Hey there Peeps!  Don't you just LOVE all the new CHA goodies?!?!?  Charlie sent me a box-o-fun full of fabulous treats from the new Teresa Collins Memories line.  EEEEEEKKKKKK!

This month we are all sharing our take on  New Chich sketch from The Hens' Den, created by Design Team Member Lori McClellan!  Combining this sketch with my Teresa Collins stash and you have...

Lori McClellan is uber talented and she came up with a 2 page sketch.  For this card, I used the left side, but my DH wants me to try the right side too.  He had an idea for how he thought a card using the right side might look. :)  Maybe I should have him make that card and share it with all of you! :)

Rather than photos, I used the stamped calendar & layered flower with chipboard wording.  Instead of layering paper pieces on the background, I used Teresa Collins stamps and then added a ribbon bow in lieu of flowers in the middle.  Trying to think a little outside the box and still respecting the Chic Sketch at the same time.  That's the great thing about using a sketch as a jumping off point.  It really makes you stretch yourself to, as Tim Gunn says, "make it work".

It's easy to look at a sketch for a layout and think "layouts only".  I'm here to challenge you to apply Lori McClellan's sketch to a card, or even a tag!  One of the coolest projects I made was a set of mini tags using a layout designed for a A2 card.  It might not turn out exactly as you expect, but we always learn something for trying, right?

The part I most love about this card is how you can use this stamp set to personalize the date.  It makes it awesome for scrapbooking memories, but also for creating a super special birthday or anniversary card.

So, waddya say?  You in for giving Lori's Chic Sketch a try?  Post your creation to our FB page so we can see your fab work!  Need more inspiration to take the leap?  Stop by tomorrow to see my Teamie Carolyn Lontin's take on the  New Chick sketch from The Hens' Den, created by Design Team Member Lori McClellan. :)






The goodies that made this card happen:

May Arts- Ruffle Ribbon- Black
Teresa Collins- Memories- Die Cut Flowers
Teresa Collins- Memories- Die Cut Accessories
Teresa Collins- Memories- Stamps
Teresa Collins- Memories- Chipboard & Buttons
Teresa Collins- Memories- 6x6 Pad

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic card - I love how the black ribbon pops against the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card!. Love the use of the stamps. Great job1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Moriah!! It was so great to see you visited my blog and I had to run right over to see what you've been up to...obviously TONS!! I'm having the best time perusing your posts. Your work is always stellar!!!
    Big hugs to you,
    Lisa xx
    p.s..LOOOOVE the fuzzy slippers for your blog too. SO CUTE :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card. I bet you are having fun with those beautiful goodies. Love the package of flowers. Looking forward to the post with DH's card. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. A FABULOUS card!
    Have a Wonderful Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Moriah. All your cards are very beautiful. I love how you used the date portion of the paper pack for the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The date part is actually a stamp set from the new Memories line by Teresa Collins. :)

      Delete
  7. Ohhh... I'm still drooling over the goodies, especially the red burlap ribbon!! LOVE that date stamp too!
    You did an amazing job turning the sketch into a card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!