Saturday, September 4, 2010

Let Heaven and Nature Sing!

Consider this the invite to jumpstart your holiday crafting!  Our first challenge for September at SSDS is Christmas!  You know me, I make Christmas cards all year long.  I just got some new stamps after taking a class from my friend Lori where we used these stamps to make the cutest blue Christmas cards.
For this card I used a couple of MemoryBox stamps the birch trees and then the sentiment/birds (the bird is on the side of the sentiment so you get 2for1).  The card base is also MB and I stamped the base with some brown snowflakes.  I mounted some BG paper (the red) and then some K&Co paper (the lighter dppr).  I mounted the image on the same BG paper and used some old seam binding for the ribbon.  I used another red flower as the base for the sentiment.

I have to thank my friend Judy for a sweet stash of seam binding!  She had a bunch of old (check the price listed in this pic) packages that she said were just taking up space in her sewing room.  When I mentioned how I'd been using seam binding on cards her eyes lit up and she offered me what she had. I was more than happy to help her out. LOL!

So stop buy SSDS and enter your Christmas creation!  If you link up, stop back here and let me know so I can check out what you have made!!!  I ADORE checking out other folks creations (it's so much better than cleaning. hee-hee).

I'm singing my song here:
The Shabby Tea Room Old (the seam binding) meets New (the stamps)
Pollycraft Monday Challenge Add a little nature
Paper Sundaes Christmas

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the stamped image! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty...thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!