Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Made My Own Ribbon!


Well, sorta.  I have seen all those luscious hand-dyed seam binding ribbons folks have made and finally got around to making some of my own!! 

Eek!  I LOVE how the coloring came out.  It was a mishmash of Tim Holtz dyes, Tattered Angels spritz, and good 'ol tap water.  I dumped everything into a zippy bag, squished it around a bunch, and left the top open overnight to dry.  The card is a bunch of chipboard shapes leftover from another project and the bling is from a bag of scrap bling I got at my LSS just before it closed.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please let me know what you think of the ribbon and what tricks or mixtures you use to create some custom ribbon. :)

2 comments:

  1. My friend Mitra does this too and hers are so gorgeous just like YOURS! Superb ribbon and truly individualizes it like you want it. Your card is beautiful!!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that orange is gorgeous!! Your ribbon looks amazing on your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!