Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Flower Show Recap



A few weeks back Boston hosted it's Flower Show. DH and I went on a Friday night. It was cheaper, less crowded, and we could out to dinner after. 😊 There were a few fun displays, but almost all of it was vendors and bouquets.


One of the interesting displays was a bunch of cakes. They weren't real, but the embellishments were very eye catching, especially when you think about how cold and snowy it was outside. 😊 I loved this one the most and thought it would make for great inspiration when it get  "artists block".

This was one of the cool outdoor spaces display, complete with live birds!  They were a big crowns pleaser and seemed oblivious to all the fuss.

Succulents are a recent favorite of mine.  I never appreciated the colors and textures of these lovelies.  With the recent heat-wave centric summers we've had, I've come to love these sweeties.  They look their best no matter how hot it gets. :)

This was my favorite display at the show!  It was so elegant.  I kept wandering around it trying to decide the best part of the design.

I finally decided that the stone pathway through the water was the coolest part, of course the chaiselike seating is a close second (I *heart* chaise seating!!!)

 
 The outdoor fireplace isn't too bad either. (swoon). The chandelier is pretty awesome as well.  In the end I decided that this is totally the space I would have set up if I won the lottery.  A gal can dream right?  Oh, I might add some sort of retractable screen for watching movies outdoors.  Go big or go home! LOL!

What would your ideal outdoor space have?

4 comments:

  1. We haven't been to the flower show in a couple of years. I do like going as it is a good time of year just when you need to see spring.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring photos. Thanks for sharing. My ideal outdoor space would include my bungalow front porch with some great wicker furniture filled with pillows, beautiful lighting, and plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks like so much fun! It's probably a good thing we don't have shows like this! I'm with you on the fireplace and pull down movie screen! Maybe a theater style concessions bar to go with it?! After all, we will be millionaires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! It's probably a good thing there aren't any shows like that around here...
    I am with you on the fireplace and pull down movie screen! Maybe a fully stocked theater concessions bar as well? After all, we will be millionaires!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!