Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gettin' sketchy with it

Apologies for not getting a post up on Sunday or Monday especially after that teaser on Saturday.  The rain was miserable on Sunday, but the good news is that I have more posts coming all this week with fun stuff.  So tune in, I promise it won't disappoint. :)

Hey folks it's another fun Tip Top Tuesday and this week we have a wicked awesome sketch for you!  But don't go yet, scroll down to see the pics and find out about more to come.
Now most of you know I am a teacher by day and crazy crafter by night. :)  What you might not know about most teachers (spoiler alert) we are always looking for loopholes to rules. Ironic huh. LOL!  So when I saw this sketch I went outside the card or layout box an decided to make gift tags instead.  Who says a sketch can't be used for tags too? :)
It didn't seem fair to make only one little tag and really wouldn't be much fun to make just one, so I came up with five.  I had that kit to use up after all. :)  Mom had one of the original "bugs" when I was a kid and I still remember riding around in it with her.  It didn't quite have this custom paint job though. LOL!
If you have peeked at the sketch, then you may be asking yourself "where is the flourish that's supposed to be at the bottom?"  Well here's my other "loophole".  I used a splatter dot stamp to add some random detail to mimic the swirl.
The vw bug stamp is from PTI (and I used the coordinating die to cut it out).  The tags are office supply tags, ribbon from the stash, Bazzill tealish paper, and I backed/outlined the office tag with Kaisercraft Forage paper.

Our Sponsors this week have graciously offered the coolest prizes!


You might win...

Prize - 2 Digi Images

Or you might win...


Prize- 1 of their CDs


Or you might win...


Prize- 2 digi images


So hop on over to Top Tip Tuesday and see what the sketch and the rest of the DT has hotwired for you. :)

I've zoomed over here with these tags:
PaperPlay- Autumnal Colors
The Kraft Journal- Lavish Layers
Ribbon Carousel- Anything Goes


9 comments:

  1. Love the way you have used the sketch, and your tags are so different love the different papers you have used too, hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moriah these tags are sooo cute! I love the custom paint job too ;) Great work with the sketch - your 'flourish' is a great idea.
    Another amazing DT sample for this week's TTT sketch - and great to see your take on the sketch too - love it!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous car gift tags;) Lovely colour combo as well. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tags. love the car great for both male and female gifts. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your project at The Kraft Journal and had to check it out. These tags are adorable. Love your blog name and header too! I laughed when I read what you said about teachers, LOL! I am a teacher and nighttime crafter too. What a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! These tags are just so cute! I just love the little cars. Reminds me of playing "slug bug" on our long road trips to pass the time. lol Thanks for sharing and for playing along with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing them with us at The Kraft Journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moriah your tags are absolutely gorgeous, so cute :)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our Autumn colours challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. these tags are so adorable, moriah! love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!