Thursday, November 26, 2015

A little turkey


Thought this was a particularly festive card for today what with having a turkey and all. ;-)

This is a bit of a cheater card for me.  No stamping!  I made up for it by stamping the sentiment in 2 layers of color and giving the envelope some love. :-).

I have a very thankful heart this Thanksgiving.  We are headed up to my sister-in-law's house to meet up with everyone and tomorrow everybody comes down to our place to decorate our abode for Christmas.  Eek! I'm so excited for turkey, mashed potatoes, and guilt-free Christmas song listening (I listen all year long, but I'm not allowed to force it on others until after Thanksgiving!)

The Pilgrims and the Wampanoag sat down and broke bread together in a beautiful celebration of sharing their bounty. I'm thankful to have a wonderful husband, family to share this holiday weekend, a fairly well-trained dog, good jobs, roof over our heads, food in our 'fridge, no blizzard-caused power outages like last year, and a safe neighborhood.  Not everyone can say that this Thanksgiving as is evident every day on the news.  Please take a moment to think of those who don't have as much when you say your blessings. May we all remember to share our bounty with those less fortunate not just these next few weeks, but even in the heat of Summer and may next Thanksgiving find bounty for everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!