Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Primo Prima Album (part 1)


Hiya Peeps!  It was such a lovely day yesterday (71 degrees) that I thought I would snap pics outside for a change.  Don't get too excited for us New England folks yet.  It's supposed to be simply ugly on Friday.  They mentioned the "s word" even.  Nothing that should amount to anything, thank goodness!

Today I'm sharing Part 1 of a project! :)  Charlie sent me a set of goodies from the Prima Engraver line and as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make a pocket album with it!!!!
The album is made from two pocket folders that have been folded into quarters and then bound together using a binding machine.  If you want to know more about how to create the album base, leave me a message in the comments and I'll be sure to get back to you. :)

The paper was all 12"X12" cut to 4"x11.5" for the slash pockets (and covers too) and 4"x7.5" for the full pockets.  The great part is that the leftover from the 4"x7.5" is used on the front of the bottom part of the full pocket. :)

I am leaving you with a mystery until Part 2.  How will I keep things from falling out of the slash pockets?  What things will be put in the pockets?  What more embellishing can be had?  These questions and more will be answered, so be sure to tune in to find out!  In the meantime, here is another scrappy tip...

Since I bought the folders in generic bulk from one of the big box office places, the pockets were slashed and the insides had the company name, so the .5" part that was cut to make the 4"X11.5" paper used in the slash pockets was big enough to use to cover the company label.  Every bit of scrap was used.  LOVE when that happens- it makes for less cleaning. Whoo-hoo!

Cover Paper- Prima Marketing- Engraver- Black Leaf
Inside Papers- Prima Marketing- Engraver-Cartouche
                     Prima Marketing- Engraver- Cesello
                     Prima Marketing- Engraver- Calligraphy
                     Prima Marketing- Engraver- Atlas
Flowers- Prima Marketing- Engraver- Vines
Lightbulb Frame- Prima Marketing- Engraver- New Print Mini Frame
Button- Prima Marketing- Engraver- Wood Buttons
Ribbon- May Arts- Crochet- Green

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!