Monday, February 4, 2013

Simple & Fabulous-Times 3


Wow, what a weekend!  Groundhog Day has us seeing 6 more weeks of winter (if you live in MA and believe Ms. G) or an early spring (if you believe Phil from PA).  Superbowl Sunday with a power outage delaying the game (who hit the wrong switch?!?).  Now there is a big sale at The Hen's Den!  Charlie is desperate to make room for all the new CHA goodies and is slashing prices on Fabulous goodies! :)  That means you're in luck 'cause the goods used in today's creations are ON SALE!!!!

Have you ever given yourself a personal challenge to see how much you can make using just the goodies in front of you?  That's what I'm doing for my posts this month.  My goal is to see if I can get at least 11 cards made using just what's in the photo above (I get to add ink, adhesive, & stamps though- a girl has to have some wiggle-room after all. LOL!)

For this Peace, Love & Happiness 2 U card I cut the Orange Mini Dots 4 1/8" X 5 3/8" and mounted it directly to the dark brown card base.  The next layer is the Sassy paper cut 1 3/4" x 5 with a piece of 100% Girl cut 1 1/2" x 4 3/4" glued to the center and foam taped onto the dots.  The Fabulous Flash Card, with the peace sentiment, is foam taped next.  The 2 U is from the Expression Stickers.

For this Hey Girlfriend card I again cut the Orange Mini Dots 4 1/8" X 5 3/8" and mounted it directly to the dark brown card base.  The next layer also uses the Sassy paper cut 1 3/4" x 5, but I flipped to the other side of the paper and again used a piece of 100% Girl cut 1 1/2" x 4 3/4" glued to the center and foam taped onto the dots.  Once again, the Fabulous Flash Card, with the lil' birdie speech bubble, is foam taped next.  The words, blue flower, and universal woman symbol are all from the Expression Stickers.

This last hi there luv! card, (say it with me folks) uses the Orange Mini Dots cut 4 1/8" X 5 3/8" and mounted it directly to the dark brown card base.  I changed it up on this next layer!!! :) Both pieces are layer is the 100% Girl paper cut 1 3/4" x 5 AND 1 1/2" x 4 3/4", but the bottom is the flower side and the top is the striped side.  They are once again centered atop each other, glued, and foam taped onto the dots.  Change up time!  The next layer is a die cut heart from pink Bazzill paper.  I crumpled it to give more depth and then adhered it to the card.  Next, you guessed it, we're using the Fabulous Flash Card, with the envelope, and foam taping it to the top.  The words are all letters from the Expression Stickers.  

*****Now you'll want to hurry in to get these goodies because the Expression Stickers are already gone!!!!  That's how good of a sale is happening!

Goodies from The Hen's Den used on these projects:
Simple Stories- Fabulous- 100% Girl
Simple Stories- Fabulous- Fabulous Flash Cards
Simple Stories- Fabulous- Orange Mini Dot/Doily
Simple Stories- Fabulous- Sassy


5 comments:

  1. How fun! I just love self-imposed challenges! I think some of my most creative work comes out of them. And it is a great way to use up your stash. These cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Moriah :)
    Great way to challenge yourself.
    I have been challenging myself to use up my scraps...which I have been doing, then I gave the rest of them away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is such a beautiful stack of supplies and you are off to an amazing start! Can't wait to see more fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my Dear! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
    So nice to "meet" you!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!