Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A New Love

There's a lotta marker stuff here, but I promise there's a project.  Stick with this post and you'll be rewarded!
This is my new love.  This little Copic "checkbook" is AWESOME!!! I'm still new to Copics and in the few days that I've had this in my hot little hands it has helped me SO MUCH.  So each page is a different family of markers and it's divided by those that play well together.  Wait 'til you see the card it helped me make in tomorrows post.
I used to house my markers in a drink mix bucket that a friend had given me but with my recent additions I have run out of room and now everything is in a mailing box.  I know lots of folks have their Copics stored by color and I hope to get there soon, but I NEED to transport my Copics.  When I visit friends to play and be crafty I want all my Copics with me so I can be ready when inspiration strikes.  I have yet to find something that will let me bring ALL my toys with me.  I'll probably have to get my DH to build me something.  Maybe for my birthday...hint...hint.  Barb, maybe mention this to your son?
So I had intended to post this for a challenge last week, but things got away from me.  Oh well.  The ribbon is actually 2 ribbons layered and adhered to the card front.  I used a Hero Arts flower and stamped it on the card base with Memento London Fog.  The designer papers are from Basic Grey's Olivia line and the polka dots were my inspiration for the coloring of the teacups.  I used my Copics R30, R32, T4, T6, YG11, YG13, YG17 and the Blender.  I'm pretty sure that the sentiment is from Amuse (possibly the Saltbox).  The teacups are the same ones I used on this card and the image is from Stampington & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!