Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easternmost point in the US

It's spring break for me this week.  Most folks on spring break travel somewhere warm and have drinks with little umbrellas in them.  Not us.  We drove ourselves 6 hours to northern Maine and it snowed on our drive!  Well, we've never been ones for doing what the cool kids do. :)
On our first full day of vaca we headed to Lubec.  Did you see those commercials this winter about the people that see the first sunrise on New Years Day in the US?  This is where they would be.
Actually, this is where many folks come I hear.  This is the West Quoddy Lighthouse.  Kinda funny huh.  West Quoddy is the most east.
It's weird how quiet it is here.  I live in the outskirts of the burbs when I am home.  I thought it was pretty quiet.  I have even lived on a rez in SD, but you quickly forget how quiet the world can be when there aren't a lot of people around.  Even the ocean is quiet right now.
This is the bridge from the US to Canada.  We remembered to bring our passports cause they have gotten pretty strict about that sorta thing since 911.  I remember when I was in college being able to just pop back and forth, but that is no more.  The thing is, we forgot something.
We forgot Cad's papers.  Ugh!  I even made sure he had all the shots and whatnot to be able to wander over with us!  I love the look on his face here.  He is simply saying "I was stuck in the car for hours.  There is no way you are leaving me behind so you can lolly-gag in Canada.  Let's get back in the car and get something to eat."  We ended up scrapping Canada.  We got to see what we wanted to see which was the easternmost point in the US where the first minutes happen in this country every day.  I know.  We're kinda dorks.  Nothin we can do about it, but live up to the moniker. :)

I hope to have a crafty something posted soon.  Maybe something inspired by this trip, or maybe another ABC book.  I'm going to be posting beautiful pictures from Acadia too!

4 comments:

  1. LOL love that pic of your poor puppy. Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful pictures. Oh poor Cad I hope he is get to go. I am looking forward to the rest of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a pretty place.
    Sorry you couldn't go across the border, we would have loved you over here, teehee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!