Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pie Day! (almost)



Morning Peeps! I was going to wait to post this until Pi Day (March 14 as in "3.14"), but this set has me so excited I can't wait that long!

This set was a request from my "work roommate".  She wanted a "pie themed" set to send notes to her daughter.  They have a long running joke about pie as a result of her being in the play The Waitress a while back. 

The stamp is from a set by Unity Stamp Co.  I don't think I ever would have used this stamp if it hadn't been a request.  Now I can't stop making stuff with it!!!  I have so many plans for this image. Some of my favorite projects have been requests from friends and Etsy customers.  They really force you to think outside your regular box and it is usually pretty awesome!

The papers were almost all from a recent order from Paper Issues (LOVE their super fast shipping!)Each pie plate was paper pieced and given extra zing with some Copic markers.  The pies themselves were colored with Copics and then "sugared" with Tim Holtz distress stickles. It totally reminds me of how pie can get a sugary top when the fruit bubbles over. ;-)  The "I" in the pie is also the "o" in about, so I added either a pearl, circle rhinestone, or star rhinestone for extra fun.

I channeled the vintage feel (thanks in part to Paper Issues for supplying most of the luscious papers I used!) by listening to my The Wailin' Jennys channel on Pandora.  My DH was teasing me for listening to "old timey music" but really it was instrumental in helping me feel the vibe.  Nothing like old spirituals, bluegrass fiddles, and Irish ballads to get you into the vintage mood!

What's been in your music rotation lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!