Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Gingerbread & 50


Here's the "merry" banner with gingerbread for the base.  Working at a public school, gingerbread has become the default theme for December.  We've gotten pretty into gingerbread on my floor, especially in my room!

The massive amounts of gingerbread exposure has trickled into many of the houses of my colleagues.  After seeing the banners I made for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah, one teacher friend asked if I could make a Christmasy gingerbread banner for her mantle at home.

I jumped at the chance to play around with the idea!  I played so much I ended up making something like 4 or 5 of these.  Some got sold, one was a gift, and the rest got loaded into my Etsy Shoppe.

These banner gave me a chance to play with lots of different goodies I have been hoarding for ages.  Ya know, that stuff I "had to have" and then left on the shelf to stare at instead.  It was a joy to see it all come to life by adding personality to each gingerbread person.

Eee, so yummy cute!  Can't wait to get started on some valentine themed banners. 

Gotta stop thinking and start making.  That's the 50 part of this post.  I'm gonna try to see how close I can get to making 50 creations in 50 days.  I've already started, now I just need to get them posted. :)

 

1 comment:

  1. AAAHHHH!! I have a new favorite banner!! I LOVE the gingerbread banner and you did a fantastic job making each 'person' look just a little different!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!