Monday, November 7, 2011

Not Dead

I'm not dead.  Seriously.  It's been a week!!!!  We had a freak October Nor'easter, which unless you live outside the US you heard all about.  Massive power outages.  We were out for like 3 days, which is nothing on some of my friends who were out a week.  Between that and parent conferences starting, I had no time to post.  I made a bunch of stuff, but no time to take pics either.  Soooo, I decided to share some pretty pics from Butchart Gardens in Victoria.
We were there three summers ago and it was stunning.  DH had been there years before and told me I would love it- he was so right!!!
We were in Seattle and took the ferry over for the day.  It takes at least a full day to see everything.  Nooks, crannies, secret gardens, and plant galore.
I figure it will be a while before I see any of this kinda nature IRL.  Looking through all the pics of the trip was a nice trip on its own! :)
I adore plants.  I can grow most anything thanks to my mom and my dad's mom.  I can't get sweet peas to do squat for me though. :(  I'm in awe of anyone who can make sweet peas do anything that resembles this pic- well that and decent tomatoes.  The tomatoes aren't my fault though.  We have a fierce chipmunk population (think Hitchcock's Birds movie).

Hope these pics make you smile!  If I get my act together, you should get to see some fun projects in the next coupla days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!