Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!  I thought I would share the placecards I made for our family gathering.  I make the dessert 'cause tomorrow we host everyone at our place for the annual Christmas decorating party.  So it's pretty easy for me to make some fun table do-dads. :)
Here's the whole spread.  I used PTI dies for the banner base and the pint jars.  I'm on a jar kick this year.  Dessert is even in jars!  I made personal pecan pies in the short half pint jars and personal cakes in the tall half pint jars this year.  Just in case they turned out yucky when we finally get to eat them I bought ice cream and some luscious cookies from the bakery.  One must always be prepared for the sweet stuff!!! :)
The banner background is actually a Memory Box card base that I ran through my Cuttlebug using the large banner die.  It gives them a fun edge and allows the placecards to open so they can rest on the plate.
The stamps and some of the papers are from PTI.  The doily is one of those cake decorating doilies you can get at the craft store.  Each card is stamped with a different sentiment so that none of them is exactly alike.  That way everyone has something special. :)
An MFT die was used to die cut the kraft cardstock mat.  Anyone else gettin' hungry?!?  I know I am!  We're also wicked excited to see everyone and Cad is coming to Thanksgiving this year to show off his new skills as an independently walking dog.  We are so thankful for all the support he's been getting since July and are happy to say that he can walk to the mailbox on a leash with no help- it's not as graceful as before the disc rupture, but gosh he is making some awesome progress!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!