Monday, July 26, 2010

It's a Trifecta!

Have I ever told you that I grew up in Upstate New York?  Anyhoo, I like horse racing references.  Lots of time spent in Saratoga watching horses.  :)  Okay, okay.  Down to card business!
So why the trifecta reference?  Today is my third Guest Designer spot!!!!!!  I'm so wicked thrilled!!!  Today I'm the GT over at Let's Capture Our Memories.   Cool challenge this go 'round too.  It's all about upcycling.  What can you reuse to make a beautiful card?  Earrings, movie tickets, cereal box...  I used the Sunday Boston Globe!
I really like orange and black.  This pic is from an arangetram celebration.  It's kinda like a bat/bar mitzvah or a quinceanera.  These are all celebrations and gifts can be involved.  Where there are gifts there are thank you notes so that's where I headed with this card.
I used the newpaper to make the strips for the background and the dimensional bow.  The pick below proves that I used the newpaper and this isn't a gag. ;)
Well maybe it doesn't show a whole article, but pop over to Let's Capture Our Memories and link up an upcycled creation of your own!  Let me know if you do.  I'll leave you some blog love. :)

I shared this card at:
Just Something I Whipped Up
The Creative Cottage- texture
It's Fun to Craft
Create4fun- flowers
Wild Orchid- lace (it's paper lace I made and put under the orange embossed ppr)
Seven Thirty Three Sugar and Spice Party 
Moxie Fab World- shabby vintage

6 comments:

  1. Crafty card! A friend of mine lives in Saratoga Springs, NY.

    My hubby laughs at those who refer to Albany as "upstate". (He's originally from the Adirondack Park - way upstate!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and you are so creative! Your newspaper bow turned out better than a bow I could make with regular fabric! :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful love the colours you have used and the gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job upcycling Moriah! The bow is great ;-)Another 'way to go' for your guest designer spot. You are one busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Moriah! Thanks again for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card with amazing detail. Thanks for joining WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!