Thursday, March 25, 2010

Triplets for the Papertrey Blog Hop

Papertrey's Blog Hop for March was a call to button lovers.  I SO LOVE USING BUTTONS!!!  Maybe it's a throwback to my childhood when my mom would hand me her cookie tin full of buttons.
How much fun is this Papertrey Baby Button Bits set!?!  I hand punched the scallops to get the lace effect.  I like the effect, but my hand is not as fond. ;)  The peapod is stamped with StazOn Olive and then I just colored it in with a random copic marker that seemed to work.  The buttons are from Papertrey.  The ribbon and card base are AMuse.

This snail is too cute!  I used lots of scraps that I conned convinced my DH, FIL, and MIL to help punch out ages ago for the background papers (I figured I better start making stuff with those or I may never be able to con convince them to help again).  I used a random white button I had and colored the little fella with yet another random copic.

 
For this card, I finally got my act together and actually sewed the button on to the tag.  I like the sewn detail, but I get so excited to put the cards together sometimes I forget (blush).
So here are the triplets all together.  They are each sure to go to a good home in the near future.  I know a few ladies who are expecting a bundle of joy soon!

32 comments:

  1. AW, these are cute, Moriah! I didn't realize that you are FUZZY SLIPPERS! HAHA! Thanks for the funny comment on my blog! I didn't even notice that my card matched my blog! HA! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet trio of cards! I used to play with my mom's tin of buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are oh so cute, especially the pea pod, lol... then again, I am fond of pea pods, lol lol lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little cards! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little cards and love baby button bits...tooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so sweet! I love the cute pea pod! Great job with the PTI Blog Hop Challenge!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet!!! such darling little cards...great use of the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so totally ADORABLE!! LOVE the fab colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all just precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! All your tags are so sweet! And it is interesting how my mom would keep her buttons in a tin too. My sister and I would sit at the table quietly looking through her stash as she sewed on her machine. A very nice memory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three are so cute!! I sometimes I forget to add things like sewing and realize it after it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute these are! Love the sweet colors and, of course, the stamps! They are worth drooling over and anyone would love to receive them. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stinkin' adorable - and I LOVE that snail!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all very cute! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left about my cherry rag bag. It is up for sale in my Etsy shop now. Thanks for the birthday wishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little cards are darling. I love using buttons too. Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a comment about my vintage alphabet flash card. I didn't realize I failed to leave the link where I got them. They are digital images from Sugar Creek Hollow and I digitally combined the flash card and a page from a vintage reader. Here's a link for the flash cards http://sugarcreekhollow.blogspot.com/search/label/Alphabet%20Flash%20Cards

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty - nice to see a set of cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of these are so darned CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Love your fresh colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute cards! Love those baby images!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so cute! I love the combinations of patterned paper that you used

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great little tags, love the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just adorable! Love the little pea pod! Well done!

    PS... love the name of your blog, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous! Love the colors and your use of buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!