Friday, March 26, 2010

Sparkles Christmas Challenge- Favorites

Sparkle has a Christmas challenge each week.  This week she challenged us to use something on our card that represents our favorite part of the holidays.  Thanksgiving has always been a bigger holiday in my husbands family than Christmas.  We have 2 family birthdays during that time and many moons ago his whole family used to descend on the family dairy farm Ala Norman Rockwell.
 
When I was a kid, my Grandpa Ahboo (my nickname for him) used to put up the tree after we finished eating the turkey.  A few years ago we had to change the Thanksgiving venue and a new tradition was begun.  We all go to my SIL on Turkey Day and everyone comes to our place on Black Friday to decorate my house.
 My husband and I have 4 trees that get decorated with ornaments and everyone gets a job.  No I didn't buy all these trees.  We bought one and inherited the others when family members downsized.  I love that day.  We have pulled pork cooking, hot spiced cider, and carols playing all day.  We have a tiny family with mostly just adults so we draw names in August for presents (it's supposed to be a surprise, but we all manage to figure out who has who).  After dinner we open presents since we won't get to see each other again until after the new year has begun. 
So that's how come my card has an ornament! :)

I used Penny Black stickers and embellished them with various Stickles to give the card some glitz.  The card base is Amuse and the ribbon is random scraps.  No stamping at all!  Quick and easy!!

Have you begun making any Christmas cards yet?

*Edit- I also added this card to the ABC Christmas Challenge this week! :)

12 comments:

  1. Wowza....I knew Christmas seemed to get going earlier and earlier each year...but it's only March! HA HA. Seriously - gorgeous card. My hubby prefers Thanksgiving over Christmas, too. :) I like them both!

    Nope - no Christmas cards here yet. That would require me to think about snow...and that memory is still too painful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, really love the colours you've chosen. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Moriah, thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. The papers are a digi download and you'll find them here - http://www.designerdigitals.com/digital-scrapbooking/supplies/products_new.php
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card thanks for entering the ABC Christmas challenge this time! in order to be in with a chance of winning a prize please link your post to our blog challenge thanks Samantha :0)

    Please also consider turning off word Verification thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love your card and the colors you chose... simply beautiful...

    Thanks for sharing..
    Hugs
    Elisa K

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! love that card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card! thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas blog.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh you is in with a chance of winning a fabby prize too now! :0) yay! good luck hunny hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Moriah :-) I love the bauble and the papers and sparkle are lovely :-)
    i enjoyed reading about your family traditions too :-) TFS xx

    thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fab! Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas G Challenge. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! What a stunning card! Thanks for sharing your Holiday traditions with us! Thank you so much for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge. We have another fun one that started today: H for Holly with a bonus sketch. Hope you can play along again!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!