Saturday, January 2, 2010

Deck the Halls again?!?

Every year I make need to make a TON of Christmas cards. My husband and I send out about 70 cards and I make a bunch that I give to my church for sale at our holiday bazaar booth. I participate in a monthly Christmas card class/club at my LSS and that helps a bunch, but recently I came across Sparkle Creations blog. I took one look and said to myself how fun!
The snowflake cupcakes are the inspiration piece Sparks threw out to folks. I had some leftovers from a Pay-it-Forward card making event I run every November. I got lucky in that my leftovers had some of the inspiration colors.
So how does this card match the cupcakes??? Well, the chocolate cake is in the tree and background layer. The blue frosting is the ornament and the snowflakes have been embossed on the base card.


After stamping and coloring this cute little Charlie Brown tree, I needed to add some shine to the ornament so I used a spica pen and a glaze pen.


It's been snowing here in MA since last night. Good thing I like snow, 'cause we are forecast to have about 9 inches after all is said and done. I love how the glittery snowflakes catch the light in my backyard and on this card!

Thanks so much for checking out my first Christmas card for 2010!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the sparkly ornament and snowflakes, great accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! Thanks for playing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this card! You did a wonderful job. Any chance you could tell us what the name of the company is that has the "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree? I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog space today, it gave me an excuse to visit yours and hear the snow reports, cause this time of year I really feel every mile between here and 'home'.

    Lovely cards you are creating there, enjoy your use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious inspiration - I love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!